Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gotta start somewhere...

It has been a very long time since I had a blog.  The last one caused a terrible strain in several of my relationships.  Partly because the last blog was not for my benefit.  So I'll say this on my first post.  I'm sarcastic with a penchant for hyperbole.  I'm foul mouthed and I don't like censorship.  I say it like it is with little regard for political correctness.  Please forgive that I don't live in a peachy pretty sunshiny world.  But I believe in respect and decorum.  And if there is real offense taken to what I say, I have no problem with someone sending me a comment or e-mail calling me on it.  I'm all for a good dialogue with other people.
All that said, let's get down to the real business of this blog.  ME.

Hi, I'm Marq.  Or that's what my friend's call me.  I am currently 31 years old and I have a 9 year old son.  I was born and raised in Kansas City, MO.  I've live here in San Antonio, TX for about 8.5 years now.  I just decided that I didn't want to raise my son in Kansas City.  There were various reasons for that, which I can assure you I'll get to down the line if you follow my blog. 

I've been raising my son on my own since he was 1.  The Bear sees his dad sporatically and spends summers in Dallas with him and his new family.  I've never been married.  Hell, up until a couple of years ago I'd never met anyone that PLANNED their child's conception.  When I planned this blog, I had a ton of things that I wanted to say.  At the moment, however, I'm finding that exhaustion and that 2nd glass of wine are keeping me from remembering all I had to say.  So I'll stop here.  Welcome to my world, if by some off chance someone out there is reading this.  Come along on my journey.  And please, feel free to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment