Thursday, July 29, 2010

little victories...

It feels like forever ago that I applied to go back to school.  I'm sure it was in the beginning of this year.  But it feels like I've been thinking and talking about this forever.  As it so happens, I'm taking everything one tiny step at a time.  Today I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.  I have been accepted to continue at Mizzou in their Distance and Independent Study program.  I've done the FAFSA and been offered financial aid.  I've made arrangements with the cashiers office to lift the 10 year old hold on my account.  And this morning I e-mailed my academic advisor to ask questions about which classes I should be looking into.  I've reviewed the prerequesites and required tasks for the classes that I hope to take and I'm prepared (once I've got my degree plan from my advisor) to register.  After that, I'll be back in school.  I'm terrified.  But tears keep coming to my eyes when it hits me that I'm actually going to do this.  I'm actually going to graduate from college.  I'm even going to graduate from the college that I chose so many years ago. 
I think I'm ready for this ride.  In fact, I know I am.

1 comment:

  1. *Congrats* Thrilled and VERY proud of you. This is HUGE. Every confidence you can succeed and use this degree as a stepping stone to a better life for you and your child. Looking forward to keeping up with your progress.

    ReplyDelete